Dear Edmondson Families,
Welcome back to another exciting school year at Edmondson! As your 2017-2018 Edmondson PTO President, I am looking forward to working together to provide the resources our students and staff need to succeed. I am incredibly proud to be a part of this very special Edmondson community and would like to take this opportunity to thank each of you for dedicating your time, treasure, and talent to our school! Your 2017-2018 PTO Board, Committee Chairs, teachers, and staff have been working hard over the summer to get ready for another productive and community-building school year for our Edmondson families. With your feedback in mind, we continue to seek to make our fundraisers, events, and volunteer opportunities more fun, streamlined, and intentional.
As a PTO, we strive to build community within our school by sponsoring many events for our parents and staff to enjoy. This year, we will be hosting our second annual Fall Carnival, Grandparents’ Day, and March Mania. These new events were a huge hit with our families last year! And of course, we are already looking forward to this year’s Explore the Music, Belles, and Beaus events as well. Other key events include Family Movie Night, Field Day, and the Talent Show, just to name a few. More detailed information about our events will be headed your way in the coming weeks!
Our PTO also enhances our school behind the scenes in countless ways! A few of the main areas of support from 2016-2017 are highlighted below.
- Technology improvements, including the purchase of 24 new Smart Interactive TVs, which will be replacing the older Smartboards in the coming years.
- Teacher and staff support programs, such as funds for purchasing classroom supplies at the beginning of the school year, Teacher Appreciation Week, workroom purchases, and monthly staff meals.
- Classroom support, including salaries for two teacher assistants, continuing education opportunities for our teachers, and educational resources for our children.
- Departmental support, including resources for PE, Library, Arts and Music.
- Campus beautification projects, such as the outdoor classroom and trail, planters at the school entryway, the new Edmondson Elementary School Sign in the bus loop, and playground upgrades for students.
To provide the funding for all these things and more, the PTO asks every EES family to donate to our Bridging the Gap Campaign. As you are aware, our school is given limited resources from the county. It is our mission to ‘Bridge the Gap’ between what the county will pay for and what our principals, teachers, and staff believe our students need to succeed. Further information may be found by visiting the Fundraising tab on the website.
Without our wonderful EES volunteers, none of the previous mentioned activities, projects, and purchases would have ever come to fruition. Please click on the Volunteer tab on this site for descriptions of the many volunteer opportunities available. We are very appreciative of any amount of time you are able to give!
Please register your student(s) on this site in order to receive emails from room parents and the PTO with important announcements pertaining to classroom and school events. I encourage you to join us by paying a small $20 fee that goes directly into the classrooms for teacher supplies and resources, Interactive Smart TVs, books, and so much more!
I hope this letter has made you more aware of the vital role the PTO plays in making Edmondson the outstanding school that it is! It is an honor to be your 2017-2018 Edmondson PTO President, and I look forward to working with you during the school year.
Sara Elizabeth Bradford
2017-2018 Edmondson Elementary PTO President